Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Matthew!!!

On Tuesday June 19, we celebrated Matthew's special day!!  We know a lot of people love him and missed him on this day.  Thank you for sending your love our way:).  Matthew had a great birthday.

Matthew had such a fun unbirthday party with his family before we left, that we kept his birthday more low key this year.  On his birthday, I took him to a fun play place (I found a London local favorite).  There, he met other toddlers, climbed around on soft mats, knocked over soft blocks, slid down a slide, threw play food all over the floor, and listened to the 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks' soundtrack.  Then, we met up with Chris and took Matthew on a fun birthday picnic in St. James' park.  The sun was out and the evening was glorious. Matthew had a great time smashing his chocolate cake all over his clothes.  He even got a kind birthday surprise from a passing Russian lady, who gave him a Russian magnet:).
Matthew building a glacier.
 Matthew and his horse. Ride 'em cowboy!

 Matthew likes his candle.


 I wasn't kidding about the smashing:)

Matthew enjoying his cake.
 present time
 cool book
 another cool book
 'That is weird, Dad . . .'
 '. . . so I will eat it.'
 'I will eat Dad's finger . . .'
 Speechless
The logistics behind a birthday picnic, an afternoon out, and a business trip without a car on a potentially rainy day. Yes, we are bag people:).

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing what you guys are up to! I can't believe your baby is already a year old! Happy Birthday Matthew!

    ReplyDelete